Oh, how life has changed!

The fun and crazy world of Raleigh and Will

Friday, January 02, 2009

6 years ago...

Tonight will be six years since my mama had her spinal stroke. Due to legal proceedings still going on, I'm not going to comment on the "who, what happened, what should have happened, etc."

My life changed forever that day. It seems like a blur now. I was married six months and newly pregnant.

I'll never forget some of the last words my mama said to me before her paralysis. She was fixing Christmas breakfast when she looked over to me and said, "Next year you can fix breakfast and I can play with the baby!"

I smiled...envisioning the future.

But I had no idea what the future would hold. I had no idea what would happen a few days later. I had no idea that my mom would never be able to come and visit her grandkids, cook for her grandkids, or pick up her grandkids.

The one thing that gives me peace today when I think about this is that while I did not know.....
the Lord did.

He knew about all of this before I was married, before I was pregnant, before mama had her surgery.

He knew.....and He loves us....and blesses us, despite the fact that we don't deserve it.

On my first visit to see Mama after her stroke we drove my inlaws car that only had a cassette player (No Cd's). I took a Ray Boltz CD and listened to "The Anchor Holds" bunches of times on that trip.
That same song is now in my CD player in the shower and I've been listening to it frequently...remembering the fresh pain of those days and the feelings I had during that time.

Things have changed drastically the past six years. I guess things become "normal"...even though I don't like it this way at times. I can honestly say that during the last six years, "The Anchor Holds..in spite of the storm."

Thank you, Lord for all of your blessings. Thank you for my precious Mama. Be with her today...and always. I know that today is especially hard for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home