3 years ago today
My daddy died.
It is true that time is the great healer. I don't know if its any "easier" now than it was then....but its different.
I love you Daddy....and I miss you. How I wish you could see how big Raleigh is now. I wish you could talk about the railroad and trains with him. He took your Bible with him to church on Sunday. He was so proud carrying that big Bible into Sunday School.
Most of the time when he gets a balloon he will tell me, "I want to let it go so it can go to Grandpa Doug in heaven."
I wish you could have met William Douglas. What a pure delight he is. When he proudly announces, "I William Douglas Combs" I know that your heart would swell at him having the same middle name as you. When he is announcing to everyone, "I love you mama. I love you daddy. I love you Grandma Mary...." I am filled with sadness that you will never hear those words.
3 years.....
I always remember how long its been by thinking of how old Will is going to be in February.
3 years...
I love you Dadddy.

1 Comments:
I love you very much.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home