Welcome to the sick house
I was sick 2 weeks ago with a sinus infection. Will continued the tradition by having coughing and fever. After we went to the doc on Tues he was diagnosed with bronchitis and put on an antibiotic. Ral has been very sleepy all week, so I figured he was getting sick too. Mike took him to the doc on Thurs. No fever. Lungs and ears clear. An hour after getting home his fever was 103.2. I knew he was sick. He kept saying, "Just hold me, mom."
Yep. Ral is defiitely sick when all he wants is to be held.
That night was a nightmare. Ral had trouble breathing b/c of all the coughing. I called the nurseline and ended up doing breathing treatments on him. Thank goodness for the nebulizer from my mama and some left over meds from January!
Lois took him back to the doc on Friday. (I was busy having lasik surgery!) His lungs were ok..the doc thinks its because of the breathing treatments. Bloodwork was ok, so no bacterial infection. I guess there is some kind of viral croup going around.
Oh, I forgot to mention that part of the "action" on Thurs. and Fri. night while Ral was so sick was him sleeping with me, only to be awoken by him vomitting all in the bed after a coughing fit.
Oh, the joys of being a mama! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home